Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today I Made...

A very unattractive vanity into a very classy vanity.

I mentioned this vanity before. I paid $50 for the base, topper and medicine cabinet.
They are solid wood, have good working drawer sliders and a nice over all shape.

I was not sure what I was going to do about its appearance at first but I decided after reading some of Allison's projects over at House Of Hepworths using Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze I was pretty sure I had found my solution.

I cleaned and lightly sanded the surface and then went to town on it. I love the results!

Here is the vanity before in all its early nineties glory.



And here is the after.








Speaking of House Of Hepworths, Allison is hosting her first ever link party! I made sure to post this project that she inspired.


3 comments:

Townhouse Trials said...

Talk about an improvement!
Looks awsome!!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Holy cow, that looks great!! Wow. I am truly impressed. Way to go!!!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Leaving a 2nd comment to say thanks for Hookin' Up with me at my first link party!