Satisfaction Guaranteed

Have you ever taken advantage of a satisfaction guarantee on a product you felt failed you?
Until today, I never had either. I am not a terribly picky person. I have always been able to make do with whatever I have been handed.
But when I feel I have been swindled I really can not sit by.

Last week I purchased a can of Krylon Magnetic Spray Paint. I have been meaning to paint my pantry door magnetic/chalkboard and could not justify the $25 price tag on a tiny can of magnetic roll on paint. Finally I found the spray paint at Hobby Lobby and even has a 40% off coupon to use on it. I came home feeling thrifty and excited about the project.

I brought the door downstairs, removed the hardware and prepped the surface. Then I started painting. At first it worked fine and then it started to mist. I shook the can and sprayed again. This time it was strong for a moment and then spurted to a stop. I pulled off the tip tapped it on the table and replaced it. Again it spray for a second then spurted and this time died completely. No amount of resuscitation could bring it back.

I had only painted about 1/4 of the door and sat there looking at it in annoyance. As soon as the paint was dry a grabbed one of my favorite magnets and set it on the surface. There was absolutely no pull whatsoever.
While the can implies that the thicker the coat the stronger the attraction, it does not say that one coat should be COMPLETELY ineffectual.

So this morning I contacted Krylon. I don't know what will come of it but I at least hope they are made aware that their product might need some tweaking.

Now I am off to the hardware store to just bite the bullet and buy the tub of Rustoleum Magnetic Paint.

Comments

Popular Posts