Little Slow These Days.

I have been so neglectful of the blog lately. So much so that a friend reminded me today of the fact. [Thanks Cherish!]

Well here is my update. It is filled with a little bit of good and a little bit of not so good.

Lets go with the good first. I am super busy right now because I am working on some freelance graphic design work. Mainly a website design for a designer friend of mine.

I also did a really lovely little project on my pantry door and a custom crocheted hat that I will be posting about soon.

I also busied myself planning a birthday bash for my husband. It went off [almost] without a hitch.

Now this brings me to the not so good news.



The day of my husbands birthday party, his grandmother, Alice passed away.



If you remember, I cared for Alice full time up until December of last year. She had been at her new home [Emeritus assisted living] for a little over a month when she passed.



We are all very happy she went peacefully and was able to find comfort there in her last weeks. The day she died she was sleeping while her son sat next to her holding her hand. When a nurse came in to check her vitals she had gone without his notice. It was the very best way it could have happened.



Things have been a little strange since then and I have been trying to do what I can to make it all easier on James.



She was 94 years old and had gone down hill physically quite alot in the last year. As hard as it has been on James and his father, we all agree that it is better for her to not be suffering anymore.



I will be updating with more happy pretty DIY-ness very soon I promise.

Comments

Awwww, Granny. That's a sweet video :)

Hope things are returning to a state of normal. I know how hard it is to lose someone close to you.

Popular Posts