Crazy Coupon Lady

So I have ALWAYS been a couponer, and a clearance checker, a price haggler and occasionally a discount demander [no I don't want the one thats not broken, I want this one half off!].

Lately however we of the crazy coupon clippers are getting more publicity. This both gladdens and worries me. I am glad more people are being thrifty and taking advantage of good deals. I worry that if too many people start doing it the stores will make stricter rules.

Too good to be true discounts are still profitable for businesses because they know most people will not bother to take advantage of the savings. It is like the mail in rebate phenomenon. Most people that purchase something with a mail in rebate never actually send in for the money. If the store had discounted the item at the register, they would lose more money in the long run.

Anyhow, enough with the blabbing. I thought I would share a little coupon shopping in did this morning at Walgreens. With a combination of in-store discounts, manufacturer coupons, and register rewards [instant rebate certificates that print at the register] I saved 75% off my total purchase.

To visualize:


+
+
+
+
+
-$40 = $14!

Comments

Popular Posts